The original source for this Bible was the web pages at http://butindaro.interfree.it/indice_bibbia.html. According to the person who referred me to this site, the Riveduta/Luzzi is in the Public Domain. The text of this on-line Bible is believed to be in the public domain. All HTML associated with the original web pages was removed, leaving us with only a raw ASCII dump of the Bible, with verse numbers added. The Bible, introductory notes, and this file of additional information have been marked up for web display.
- Table of contents.
- Chains between books.
- References at the first of each book to the start of each chapter.
- Chapter subheadings in Psalms have been positioned between the chapter heading and first verse as a separate heading.
- Subheadings in Psalms 119 have been added before the verse in which they appear as separate headings.
- The verse numbering was adjusted in some spots to more closely match the Authorized version so links from our references would point to the proper verse, and so that parallel displays could be generated of chapters or individual verses and have some certainty that they would match. The Riveduta/Luzzi does not appear to include a few verses which will appear as blank verses in the text.
- The entire HTML representation of the above works (the source of the Bible) may be copied for personal private use as needed. These copied files may be distributed to individuals as long as the copies are distributed without change and without financial profit subject to the following exceptions. It is permitted to charge a small fee for recovering any nominal costs for media and copying. If you don't wish to provide equivalents of the scripts which serve up notes for certain Bibles or provide special unadorned versions of the text, the HTML links can be changed as needed to reference the Bible texts directly.
- The images associated with our home web page are unregistered trademarks of our website, and should be changed if redistributed to other parties, unless their HTML links are modified to point to the original pages.
- If you wish to post any of the HTML pages to a web site or bulletin board, we ask that you publish exact copies of the pages without modification to the original text. If errors need to be corrected, please notify us so we can correct our master copies. As with any publication, a reference to our site should accompany the posting. This is primarily to ensure that if any mistakes are found by any viewer, we can correct our master copies as well.
Submitted by William Haller on