I converted the Bible's text file to a format usable on our site, and modified other pages to properly allow its use. At that time, several changes were made to format the Bible to match our KJV/Authorized verse numbering. This included:
- 1 Samuel 20:43 combined with 20:42.
- 1 Kings 22:43 combined with 22:44.
- Psalms 13:6 is split
- Psalms 65:4 is split
- Psalms 88:16 is split
- Psalms 90:1 is split
- All KJV/Authorized subheadings in Psalms are moved from part or all of verse 1/2 in the text to a separate subheading, and the remaining verses shifted up to match the links on the rest of the site.
- Hosea 12:1 moved to 11:12.
- Micah 4:14 moved to 5:1.
- Haggai 2:1 moved to 1:15.
- Acts 7:55 split.
- Acts 19:40 split.
- 3 John 1:15 combined with 1:14.
In addition, the following problems were corrected in the original text source.
- Many chapters in Exodus have the first verse number indented.
- Exodus 23:33 reads 23:53. Several verse 1's are indented one space here.
- Leviticus Das 26. Kapitel is misplaced.
- 2 Chronicles 33:18 doesn't start a new line.
- Jeremiah 28:11 has a stray 3 after it.
- Several books have extra carriage returns within a verse - John has many, Luke has one, Matthew has one.
- 1 Timothy missing Das 1. Kapitel.
- James appears to have been edited on a different O/S or text editor, and has a large number of invalid SGML characters - the umlat a, o, u are in the file as decimal equiv. 132, 148, and 129 - also the upper case variants and SS.
- Several other books have encoded decimal equiv. 145 characters for ' interspersed which need corrected for the standard editor I use. They may be fine in another editor.
Our HTML markup of the above documents may be used subject to the following conditions:
- The entire HTML representation of the above works (the source of the Bible) may be copied for personal private use as needed. These copied files may be distributed to individuals as long as the copies are distributed without change and without financial profit subject to the following exceptions. It is permitted to charge a small fee for recovering any nominal costs for media and copying. If you don't wish to provide equivalents of the scripts which serve up notes for certain Bibles or provide special unadorned versions of the text, the HTML links can be changed as needed to reference the Bible texts directly.
- The images associated with our home web page are unregistered trademarks of our website, and should be changed if redistributed to other parties, unless their HTML links are modified to point to the original pages.
- If you wish to post any of the HTML pages to a web site or bulletin board, we ask that you publish exact copies of the pages without modification to the original text. If errors need to be corrected, please notify us so we can correct our master copies. As with any publication, a reference to our site should accompany the posting. This is primarily to ensure that if any mistakes are found by any viewer, we can correct our master copies as well.
Enjoy studying God's Word!
Submitted by William Haller on