Nave's Topical Bible: Orville J. Nave, A.M., D.D., LL.D.
- ECCLESIASTICAL POWER SUPERIOR TO CIVIL
- STATE SUPERIOR TO RELIGION
- David, in organizing the priests and Levites in courses, and appointing musicians, instruments, and other details of religious services 1 Chr. 23; 24; 25; 2 Chr. 35:4
- Solomon, in thrusting Abiathar out of the high priest's office 1 Ki. 2:26,27
- Solomon, in overshadowing the ecclesiastical in building the temple, and officiating primarily in the dedication, intercessory or priestly prayer, pronouncing the benediction, etc 1 Ki. 5:8
- Hezekiah, in reorganizing temple service 2 Chr. 31:2-19
- Jeroboam, in subverting the Jewish religion 1 Ki. 12:26-33
- Manasseh, in subverting, and afterward restoring, the true religion 2 Chr. 33:2-9, 15-17
- Jehoash, in supervising the repairs of the temple 2 Ki. 12:4-18
- Ahaz, in transforming the altars 2 Ki. 16:10-16
- Josiah, in exercising the function of the priests in the temple 2 Chr. 34:29-33
- STATE FAVORABLE TO RELIGION
Original from The Bible Foundation - bf.org. They claim public domain status for their original text.