Nave's Topical Bible: Orville J. Nave, A.M., D.D., LL.D.
- A judge (leader, hero) of Israel Judg. 16:31
- A Danite, son of Manoah; miraculous birth of; a Nazarite from his mother's womb; the mother forbidden to drink wine or strong drink, or to eat any ceremonially unclean thing during gestation Judg. 13:2-7, 24,25
- Desires a Philistine woman for his wife; kills a lion Judg. 14:1-7
- His marriage feast and the riddle propounded Judg. 14:8-19
- Kills thirty Philistines Judg. 14:19
- Wife of, estranged Judg. 14:20, 15:1,2
- Is avenged for the estrangement of his wife Judg. 15:3-8
- His great strength Judg. 15:7-14; Heb. 11:32
- Kills one-thousand Philistines with the jawbone of a donkey Judg. 15:13-17
- Miraculously supplied with water Judg. 15:18,19
- Cohabits with Delilah, a prostitute; her machinations with the Philistines to overcome him Judg. 16:1-20
- Is blinded by the Philistines and confined to hard labor in prison; pulls down the pillars of the temple, meets his death, and kills a multitude of his enemies Judg. 16:21-31; Heb. 11:32
Original from The Bible Foundation - bf.org. They claim public domain status for their original text.